Our police forum keeps vanishing - New Anse aux Pins police station more work conducive and community-friendly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Our police forum keeps vanishing - New Anse aux Pins police station more work conducive and community-friendly

Post  Sirop14 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:30 pm

New Anse aux Pins police station more work conducive and community-friendly

28-July-2017

The new Anse aux Pins police station has been described as more work conducive and community-friendly.
Equipped with modern amenities, the new station which was inaugurated yesterday will serve the communities of Anse aux Pins, Cascade, Pointe Larue and Au Cap.
It was the Commissioner of Police Reginald Elizabeth and Designated Minister Macsuzy Mondon, who also holds the ministerial portfolio for Home Affairs, who had the honour of unveiling the commemorative plaque to officially open the station.

http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=255032

Comment - that SIROP program contributed that President FA Rene instructed the Reclamation of South East Island/Anse aux Pins the many issues and topic we worked with him and JA Michel government - now that his Station is completed and to serve fours District - our inquiry to have a plot on that island or on any of the major Reclamation done under that SIROP program completely ignore - we have a Truth Commission and an Anti corruption Commission other Committee - the world and Europe read our forums . In Africa what this constitute

Last edited by Sirop14 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sirop14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Our police forum keeps vanishing - New Anse aux Pins police station more work conducive and community-friendly

Post  Sirop14 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:49 pm

LDS calls for further actions on FIU and NDEA revelations
http://www.nation.sc/article.html?id=255030

Sirop14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The Machete Strikes again.

Post  Sirop14 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:14 pm

The Machete Strikes again.

Wednesday 23 August, 2017

An altercation on Monday morning has left Cerf Island resident Antoine Gardner cut, battered, bruised, and a machete wielding man on the loose. Determined to be a voice for the ‘good Seychellois still left’, Mr. Gardner is intent on having his aggressor held accountable.
by C. Hoareau
Cerf Island is a popular destination, with many visitors coming in for picnics or barbeques. However, unlike Moyenne Island, Cerf is not equipped with amenities for visitors. Property owners, like Antoine Gardner whose family own land on Cerf for over a century, do not have an issue with visitors coming to the beautiful island. They do, however, have an issue with their land being defecated on, and their coconut trees stripped bare. This is usually done without the owner’s consent.
Because this situation has become all too common, Mr. Gardner found it necessary to alert his fellow land owners of the going ons on their property. Because some of the proprietors are foreigners, locals are employed to maintain their property whilst they are away. These employees take it upon themselves to invite people over, and this is where the trespass and littering occur. The owners took it upon themselves to relay their discontent to their employees, which led to the altercation.
Mr. Gardner tells us how he was accosted by his attacker, who was being very verbally abusive. The latter, he tells us, was being egged on by a fellow employee.
“He left and came running back with a machete, which he jammed in my face. You can see where he cut me. So with one hand he is slashing away with the knife, and with the other he’s hurling punches. All I can do in that instance is try to dodge his blows. It is clear that he is here with the intention to maim or to hurt me,” recounts Mr. Gardner. “He hit me between 8-10 times. My spectacles got broken, you can see the bruises on my face and on the side of my head. My nose is still very sensitive, and I still have some pain on the side of my head.”
He tells us how, following the incident, officers from the Mont Fleuri Police Station came and requested that the aggressor follow them to the police station.
“Here is this man who has just attacked me, the evidence is here, and he is not even handcuffed! At the station, I find him there with two of his friends, one of which wasn’t even ON Cerf when the incident took place! They’re talking to the officers when I get there, who is rather cold to me, their threatening me in front of everyone and nothing is being said or done about it. After making my statement, in the same vicinity as my attacker, I left for the hospital and then to vision care to have my glasses temporarily fixed. When I come back, my attacker is gone. Not even detained! When I questioned this, I was informed that I had to wait for judgement to be passed before anything can be done. And we all know this could take years. ”
When TODAY enquired on his intentions, Mr. Gardner had this to say: “When I reached home, the two men were already back on the island, acting as if nothing had happened. My wife, who witnessed the whole incident and I are very traumatized, and here are these two guys, whistling away. I’m worried about my animals, I’m worried about a lot of things, and yes, I am worried that another attack is a possibility. I have spoken to the owners who have every intention of letting these people go. I am here today, I am 65 years old, I am retired, I do not need this aggression going on. Someone needs to make a statement. Someone needs to stand up. I refuse to be intimidated. We need this attitude away from Seychelles; there are a lot of nice people here who should not have to be in this situation. To be aggressed with a weapon is NOT what it is about! He needs to be held accountable.”
When TODAY spoke to Mr. Gardner, he had just come from the Central Police Station, where he is hoping actions will be taken against his attacker, who is up until today, still roaming around on the loose.
https://www.facebook.com/todayinsey/photos/a.417785501592599.84226.414719135232569/1423612141009925/?type=3

Sirop14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Our police forum keeps vanishing - New Anse aux Pins police station more work conducive and community-friendly

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top